Friday, June 13, 2014

Introduction

Hey there. I'm Salla, 21, from a small town in Finland in the middle of nowhere but hoping to move to Helsinki later this year to study ICT. I've been thinking about starting a Star Wars themed blog for a good while now but just wasn't sure if I'd had the motivation for blogging. At first I meant to simply start a blog for Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) but then realized there's so much more I love about Star Wars in general that it simply wouldn't be enough.

I've been a fan of Star Wars for most of my life, ever since I watched the original trilogy with my parents. Can't remember for sure how old I was, 6 or 7 maybe. I grew up with the prequel trilogy, being 6 at the time of The Phantom Menace, 9 at the time of Attack of the Clones and 12 at the time of Revenge of the Sith. I know people love to hate the prequel trilogy but I just find it hard to dislike it in general although there are scenes I still don't like and probably never will. I guess I'm one of the rare Star Wars fans who equally like both trilogies and are unbiasedly able to watch both. Not that I watch them that often though, I tend to prefer books, video games and basically everything they call the Expanded Universe (or just Legends now, thanks Disney). I own over 60 Star Wars novels and hope to read them all eventually, currently waiting for Into The Void and Lost Tribe of the Sith to arrive in the mail so I can continue reading them chronologically. Needless to say I enjoy the Old Republic era most, thanks to SWTOR and KOTOR.

Aside from Star Wars I'm also a huge fan Lord of the Rings. I discovered Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) by accident almost 3 years ago, knowing pretty much nothing of MMORPGs but instantly fell in love with it. In a way it's still my main MMO and for me there are certain aspects where SWTOR doesn't even come close. As a kid I liked the LOTR films over books but nowadays it's the other way around although I still enjoy the films (however, you might not want to ever mention The Hobbit films in my presence -- the second film almost ruined LOTR for me).

Anyway, let's move on. I'll most likely be writing about SWTOR here. I'm the kind of player who likes to take their time to go deep into the story and luckily I still have a couple of storylines to explore. I prefer to level alone (yes, I'm an introvert) and don't understand of point of "power leveling". You'll probably be seeing a bunch of scenery screenshots and some cosmetic outfits too. Don't expect guides or walkthroughs though, for that we have the awesome dulfy.net which you should definitely check out if you haven't already.

Lastly, I play on The Progenitor where I started 1,5 years ago after a fresh start. My main character is a level 55 Jedi Sage healer Qin'an but I have 9 characters in total, mostly low levels that I hope to bring to level 55 eventually. Feel free to say hi if you see a character with the legacy name Zend -- yes, I do love my legacy name!

Stay tuned.

- Salla

No comments:

Post a Comment