Monday, July 7, 2014

Voss is beautiful

That is all.

Well, not really, but if I had to describe Voss in just one word that'd have to be 'beautiful'.

I love going back to Voss every time I'm leveling a new character. However I understand why some people dislike it -- too orange, too much running back and forth and the culture being so xenophobic that it all feels useless -- but the landscape and ambient music just gets me every time. And the spirit world. I know this might sound stupid but the first time I ever played through Voss I was just about to enter the Shrine of Healing and then heard my dear grandmother had been hospitalized. Things looked grim so needless to say the whole spirit world thing affected me stronger and more personally than it normally would have.

I've also heard Voss reminds people of a certain area in World of Warcraft. Having never personally played WoW I couldn't really tell but found out that's got to be the Eversong Woods. (Now that I've seen those pictures I must say it looks more like Lothlórien in LOTRO than Voss.)

Here are some of my favorite screenshots I've taken while leveling my last two characters.







No comments:

Post a Comment